Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The roller coaster of change

So I graduated from college over a month ago. Despite my plan to take time to rest, I feel like I've been going nonstop since graduation. While I haven't been bogged down by studying, baby-sitting, RAing, IVing, etc, I've still been busy. I went from Chapel Hill to DC to Chapel Hill to home to the beach to home to DC, and the list goes on. Now that I'm in DC for the third time, I plan to stay for a while. However, I'm not sure how much rest I'll get. I don't have my car so I'm always walking somewhere. Anyways... Here are some pictures and thoughts regarding the past couple weeks.



My sister graduated high school! Woohoo! I went to Myers Park graduation for the fourth (and hopefully last) time. She had such a big smile on her face as she exited the arena. Here we are afterwards...








My brother helped my mom and I pack up the truck this weekend. He did a great job! Nothing broke on the trip. But everything got soaking wet. You'll have to contact me for details. I don't need this embarrassing story posted for the world to see.








I've spent the last couple days unpacking and attempting to organize. We all know that organization is basically my favorite hobby, but that doesn't lessen the overwhelmingness (new word!?) of unpacking. Slowly, but surely things are coming together.







I'm happy to be here most of the time. Yesterday I had a burst of "what in the world am I doing here" feelings. I think those are normal. I think back to my first week at UNC and this feels similar. I feel anxious and overwhelmed and confused, but all of those feelings are wrapped up in excitement for the future. If DC turns out to be as amazing as my Carolina years, I have alot to look forward to!

I'm off to organize! Love and miss you all!

No comments: