Thursday, June 19, 2008

chilling out, maxing, acting all cool

Today has been very laid back. Now that I've got my room in order, I feel like I can get the rest of my life in order. I did some "tasky" things today- called the cable company, walked to the post office and the bank, picked up some more groceries. I'm loving that I can walk everywhere. The weather is absolutely beautiful and there is so much to see! I walked by Howard University today and seeing college students made me miss Carolina. I even saw some prospective students walking around. I wanted to stop and talk to them and tell them how amazing college is. But I'm pretty sure they would have thought I was crazy. So I just smiled.

I'm feeling much better about things today than I did earlier in the week. I think that having a place to call home has really helped. I'm getting along wonderfully with my new roommates. I think we're all going to go to dinner or something soon.

I've been watching Enchanted for the past hour. I think it's time for some sort of art project or organization activity. Goodness knows I can't just sit here.

Much love!!!!!!!

No comments: