Wednesday, June 25, 2008

dinner with friends

I cooked my first real meal tonight! For the past week, I'd been eating angel hair pasta with tomato sauce. Well today I was ready for something new. I walked down to the neighborhood Giant and came back with ingredients for a fabulous dinner! My friends, I made baked chicken, broccoli, and brown rice! Please see below.While the meal was quite tasty, the best part was that I felt as if you all were here. The rice reminded me of Katie who eats rice every chance she gets. The broccoli reminded me of Alex, the little boy I used to baby-sit who I miss oh so much. The plate I ate off of reminded me of Jenna, Danielle, and Fred who gave me dishes for my birthday. While I was cooking, I thought of Nicole who I lived with for a wonderful semester in Odum Village. When I poured water from my Brita pitcher, I thought of Daniel who informed me that Brita pitchers are a staple item for any apartment in the city. As I sit here and take in the deliciousness, I'm thinking about the wonderfulness of my senior year and how I miss chatting with Cameron in his room and popping in to say hey to Tiffany and Alaina in the office. Oh and clearly I miss Blair and Christine, my Red Room Regular friends. :) Well, I'm going to go finish this meal with some ice cream which will make me think of Rachel and Jordan who are always ready for an ice cream date. And I promise that even if I didn't mention you in my little dinner party story, I've been thinking of you and wishing you were here to experience DC with me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i heart this post! and i dooo heart rice!! mucho!! and more importantly, i heart michelle!!

honest nicole said...

michelle. you're adorable. everyday i think of different things that remind me of you. most of them are outrageous things i see on south beach that i think would probably stress you out, but still, they make me think of you.