Sunday, June 29, 2008

happy happy joy joy

This weekend was sooo amazing! Nothing is better than getting caught in the rain at a parade, walking around for what seems like miles with UNC friends, and shopping at a downtown market.

So, this weekend was Carnival- a Caribbean parade and festival held near Howard University. One of my roommates and I went to support our roommate who was in the parade! I never actually got to see her, but I know she was fabulous! Here are some pictures of what I did get to see...






these guys on stilts were way impressive









a little rain never hurt anybody









evidently it's ok to carry around snakes in DC...










My good good friend Danielle was staying in Bethesda this weekend so I got to spend some quality time with her! Yay! We went to a mall in Bethesda on Saturday and then met up for dinner in Chinatown on Sunday. I was so happy to get some love from NC! :)


This afternoon one of my roommates and I went to Eastern Market which was absolutely fabulous. It was like a farmers market plus lots of little craft stands- lots of jewelry, random art, some furniture. I will definitely be going back in the near future!

Thanks for all the phone calls this weekend. I feel like I've gotten to catch up with a lot of people. I have some job interviews this week so I'll keep you all updated.

All my love.

No comments: