Sunday, July 13, 2008

today's random thoughts

1. I feel like I've moved to Seattle. I think it rains at least 4 out of 7 afternoons each week. I am definitely not in the permanent drought state of North Carolina anymore.

2. I am amazed by the structure of all of the underground tunnels that compose the Metro system.

3. The morning is my favorite time to walk around DC. It's the only time the city is quiet and still.

4. For the past 3 weeks I stayed within my geographic comfort zone (which consisted of my street and then 7th street to get to Chinatown in the South and the Metro to the North). On Friday, I went to Dupont Circle and walked down P Street to get home. I saw a Whole Foods, a Blockbuster, and a Wachovia. Once again, stepping outside of the zone led me to discover great things.

5. There's a new ABC Family movie coming on tonight! Back when ABC Family was the Family Channel, I'd watch Rescue 911 and The Waltons. Now, it's where I turn to get my fill of teenage drama. Oh how the times have changed...

No comments: