Sunday, July 20, 2008

I think I keep putting off updating my blog because I want to wait and post when I find a job. But clearly my life has not stopped just because I don't have a job. I've stayed busy in a relaxing way. This week I spent alot of time walking around the city. One day I came back and google mapped my route and calculated that I had walked 6 miles! So from what I've observed, the most common businesses in DC are: Starbucks, CVS, and Quiznos. I'm a huge fan of Starbucks, but don't have much experience with the other two. Maybe that will change in the coming months...

Yesterday I went to Target and printed the 200 best pictures from senior year to put into a photo album. They include IV friends, HJ RAs, children I love to death, and my family. Today I'm going to rack my brain for funny quotes and inside jokes to write in the margins of the photo album. Here's a couple of the pictures that made the cut.

In Blowing Rock with IV friends.

HJ RAs at Cameron's birthday dinner.

My cousin's daughter Sam at my graduation. :)

My general feeling now is that I'm on the right path... I have a safe place to live and 2 amazing roommates. I recently found a church and am going to get plugged into the Children's Ministry there. I've had multiple interviews and a couple call backs. I'm slowly making friends. So the important things- a home and a church- came first. The job and the relationships are coming soon. I can feel it. :)

No comments: