Monday, January 19, 2009

the tomorrow so many have waited for is finally here

I think it finally hit me yesterday when I was driving back into the District from running errands in Virginia. When I was stuck in traffic amidst people from all over the country, I realized that this really is history in the making. And I'm here for it. Who knew that the reason I didn't want to move here- the fact that DC is the nation's government center- would allow me to view and be a part of history. While every Presidential Inauguration is an important part of United States history, I feel like this Inauguration is an important part of World History. It makes me excited to see Americans from all different backgrounds supporting Barack, but it makes me even more excited to see people from across the world supporting our new leader. Take a look at this photo album posted on the New York Times website.

Tomorrow is here.

No comments: