Saturday, January 10, 2009

I have a friend. Her name is Sasha.

So I'll start with the big news first... Santa brought me a puppy! I left for Denver to visit a friend on Dec. 21st (more on that later) and when I came home on Christmas Eve, there was a furry friend waiting for me. I'm still not sure if now is the perfect time for a puppy, but does "the perfect time" actually exist? She's a Shih Tzu poodle mix and is currently 3 pounds. As my neighbor said, "all puppies are cute, but she's adorable!" She gets lots of attention when we go on walks around the neighborhood.

While Sasha was the highlight of Winter Break, there were many other exciting happenings. I was able to stop in Chapel Hill on my way home and visit with some of my best college friends. As always, it was good to be in the place I called home for four years. My extended family got together for lunch at my cousin's house. I got many hugs from my cousin's daughter, Sam. And Sam got me a Christmas present!- a pink unicorn like hers for me to sleep with. :) It may have been my 2nd favorite present.

The day after our family luncheon, I flew out to Denver. This was a semi-last minute trip that could not have worked out better. My friend Rachel's parents moved to Denver this summer and her family invited me to come stay for a couple days over break. I'd never been to Colorado, so I was so excited for the opportunity to see that part of the country. We could see the Rockies from a park near her house! We spent time lounging around, exploring downtown via light rail, visiting crafty stores in Boulder, and we even went to the Nutcracker! Rachel and I met at UNC at Convocation and spent alot of time together during our college winter breaks. It wouldn't have felt like the holidays if I hadn't been able to see her.

I came back to DC on the 28th and had to return to work on the 29th... I spent this last week training the students who work at the front desks of the residence halls. It was a draining and stressful week so Sasha and I will probably lounge around this weekend watching movies... and probably will take a trip to Petco- she sure chews up her toys while I'm gone during the day!

Happy (belated) New Year!

Much love,

Michelle & Sash

No comments: