Friday, January 30, 2009

2 miles down the road

So... I'm moving. Basically my cleanliness, niceness, and overall lifestyle do not exactly match up with one of my roommates. After a rather loud argument with said roommate, I decided it was time for me to find a new place. For a while I was looking at places in Alexandria and Arlington, but I decided that I couldn't handle an even longer commute than what I have now (it takes me an hour door to door even though AU is only 5 miles away!). Finding housing in DC is quite the chore. But after searching high and low on craigslist, rent.com, and various other sites, I was able to find a place. The apartment is probably less than a third of the size of my current house. There is no living room, but my bedroom is a decent sized. What's most important and exciting is that I really think I'll get along with the girl I'm moving in with. She goes to the church I've been attending and is a grad student at AU. Hopefully movie nights and late night roommate conversations are right around the corner. I'm packing up tonight and tomorrow. Then moving on Super Bowl Sunday. Luckily the place I'm moving is only two miles away. It's about 8 blocks from Union Station (where I'll get the metro to work), and 8 blocks from Eastern Market (my most favorite Sunday afternoon activity is going to the market). While the stress of moving is looming in the air, the excitement of being in a new place with a new friend is sure to be worth it.

I'll post pics once I'm settled into the new place. Oh, and you've got to see how much Sasha has grown!

Love from the district.

No comments: