Thursday, August 14, 2008

long hours

So I never thought I would let myself be consumed by work. I don't know why I didn't think this, considering that I'm a perfectionist and pretty much completely pour myself into whatever projects I take on. Nevertheless, it is what it is.

The past week I've been going into work early and coming home late. This is partly because I've been training students for most of the day and then have work tasky things to get done afterwards. For the record, I have no idea how/why I've been training students when I have so many questions of my own. But training has definitely been fun. Putting together powerpoints the night before was not so fun, but meeting and interacting with the students makes up for it. :)

I'm really starting to miss the friendships I had in NC. This hit me yesterday when I was going home from work and feeling great and wanting to celebrate. But I had no one to call to go get dinner or Starbucks or ice cream. I'm wondering if I'll ever have friendships like those I had in college again. College was a special time for me because it was socially-centered. I spent alot of my time investing in relationships. When am I going to have time to do that again?

I want to leave on a positive note. So I'll just say that I love the whirlwind that accompanies going back to school. If anyone wants to send me a bouquet of sharpened pencils, feel free.

No comments: