Sunday, December 13, 2009

Happy-Sad

My last day at American University will be this Thursday. I've had quite a bit of time to process this decision as I submitted my resignation in October. I can confidently say that I am ready for a change, but I also know that I will deeply miss the students I have worked with over the past year and a half. I have been stretched personally and professionally in so many ways. I'm already seeing how my experiences in DC have prepared me for the future. In looking at grad schools, I've also been researching assistantships. Many of the non-research assistantships involve supervising students. It's encouraging to see that my newfound supervision skills could help with financing grad school.

Last weekend was the best weekend ever of "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever". I am sooo proud of the 15 kids (now professional actors) who truly became their characters for each show. I am thankful to have been part of an amazing cast & crew. My excitement about the show bubbled over into every aspect of life- I think it's all I talked about for a solid two weeks. :) Here's a pic of the group I spent the past month and a half with...



I think I may look into some children's theater volunteer opportunities when I get home. I'll be nannying approximately 30 hours/week and plan to spend some time working on grad school applications and volunteering in the city. More than anything, I hope I'm able to gain some focus on what it is I really want to do. I can't really come up with a plan when I don't know what the end goal is. Stay tuned for any insight on what that goal may be.

My brother flies in on Thursday night. We'll pack up and drive home on Friday. Watch out North Carolina, here we come!

1 comment:

Anne said...

North Carolina is glad to have you back.
Anne